Durbin & Bennett
Durbin Bennett Tax Advisors, Inc.
100 Congress Avenue, Suite 1600
Austin, TX 78701
One of our most important goals at Durbin Bennett Tax Advisors, Inc, and Durbin & Bennett ("DB") is to protect your privacy. We take great care to properly handle information about you. This notice describes how we handle personal information and our commitment to protecting your privacy.
To conduct regular business, we may collect non-public personal information from sources such as:
- Information reported by you on applications or other forms you provide to us, such as your name, address, telephone number, social security number, etc.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliate, or others, such as your account balances and account activity
- Information we receive from you relating to your personal financial goals and/or plans for retirement
As DB shares non-public information solely to service our client accounts, we do not disclose any non-public personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law.
DB will internally safeguard your non-public personal information by restricting access to only those employees who provide products or services to you or those who need access to your information to service your account. In addition, we will maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that meet federal and/or state standards to guard your non-public personal information.
DB - Privacy Policies & Procedures
1) We do collect personal information in the normal course of business in order to administer accounts and better serve our clients.
Following are examples of personal information we may collect: name, address, phone number, social security number, asset balances, income amounts, liabilities, personal financial goals and interests, investment experience, etc.
2) We do not disclose personal information to third parties, unless one of the following limited exceptions applies.
- We may disclose personal information to companies that help us process or service client transactions or account(s). Companies we hire to provide support services must agree to use personal information only to perform the requested service. They are not allowed to use the information for their own purposes and must maintain strict confidentiality.
- We may disclose or report personal information in limited circumstances where we believe in good faith that disclosure is required or permitted under law, for example, to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities.
Outside of the above exceptions, we will not share personal information with third parties unless you have specifically asked us to do so in writing.
1) We may share information we collect about clients with our affiliate, Durbin Bennett | Private Wealth Management.
We may share information about our clients with our affiliate to assist us in providing services and account maintenance to them. We may also share information to help us improve the scope of services offered to our clients.
2) We protect the confidentiality and security of personal information.
- We restrict access to personal information to our employees for business purposes only. Employees have access to client files on a need to know basis only, and these employees are trained and required to safeguard such information.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard personal information.
- All client files are put away at night so that sensitive information is not left out in the open. Any old or irrelevant client data is shredded.
3) We continue to evaluate our efforts to protect personal information and make every effort to keep personal information accurate and up to date.
If a client notices any inaccuracy in personal information, or needs to make a change to any information, he/she should notify us so that we may promptly update our records.
4) We do not sell personal information to anyone.
No information is shared for marketing purposes. This includes telemarketing, direct mail and electronic marketing.